Roadmap to Reopening the Fitness Industry.
In some very welcomed news, Australian State and Territory Governments have started to ease restrictions placed upon outdoor and indoor spaces for exercise purposes. This provides a glimmer of hope that the removal of many more restrictions will take place in the near future and the fitness industry can finally swing open the doors of gyms and studios around the country.
GYYMI has done a bit of leg work for you and below is the result. We've including the current state of play for all states and territories relating to outdoor training and in some cases such as the Northern Territory and Western Australia where indoor spaces are now open for business under strict social distancing and sanitisation measures. The easing of restrictions are a fluid thing, so we implore you to check the various state or territory websites in your region, to get up to date and accurate information for your business purposes.
These guys are ahead of rest of the country as you can already run bootcamp outdoors of up to 10 people but the great news is that from Friday 15th May, operate or attend a studio that provides yoga, Pilates, Zumba, barre, dance classes. Operate or attend physical training activities indoors such as Cross Fit. Operate and attend a gymnasium.
- NT Government website - https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/steps-to-restart
Australian Capital Territory
From Friday 8th May - Outdoor bootcamps and other personal fitness training (non-contact) can be held with a maximum of 10 people, excluding the trainer. There is to be no sharing of equipment.
One person per 4sqm.
- ACT Government website - https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/protecting-yourself-and-others/groups-and-gatherings
From Monday 11th May - outdoor or indoor fitness classes with minimal shared equipment, up to 20 people.
From Tuesday 12th May - the ability to leave the house for exercise will be expanded to include outdoor recreational activities. These activities can occur in groups of up to 10 people outside, but the requirements on physical distancing remain.
- VIC Government website - https://www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-victoria
New South Wales
* GYYMI encourage you to please check with your state government and local council authorities regarding social distancing rules and any additional measures that must be taken before undertaking any of these activities as part of your fitness business.
GYYMI is the best personal assistant for your gym or training business. Built from the ground up, specifically for the fitness industry, GYYMI is a powerful smart phone app that helps you run your business and make your life easier. Fitted out with many exciting and practical features, GYYMI can help you get back up to speed in preparation for your gym or fitness business to reopen.
GYYMI features include;
- Gym Search – get your gym on the map for Trainers to find you and book space instantly
- Earn extra income fast – offer gym space by the hour to Trainers and their clients
- Contactless payments - Safe and secure powered by STRIPE.
- Social Distancing calculator coming soon - Set and control your gym & studio capacity limits
- Custom booking platform for instant bookings, outdoor or indoor sessions.
- Plan sessions ahead of time by sending invitations and reminders to clients/members
- Reduce Overheads - Trainer-client sessions paid on the app are automatically covered with Insurance for indoor and outdoor workouts.
- Live Dashboard – watch your income grow - its addictive!
- Look like a pro – instant, flexible and professional.
GYYMI is free to download on iOS and Android - Visit www.gyymi.com for details